Surgical Planning and 3D Printing
- About the Observatory
- Areas of research
The 3D Printing and Surgical Planning Service (3D Laboratory) was born in 2015 thanks to the initiative of the group leader, Dr. Ferran Fillat, doctor specializing in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology. It is a multidisciplinary team of doctors and biomedical engineers. This synergy is the key factor in the success of the laboratory.
Today, the laboratory offers pre-operative planning support services of any specialty, through the creation of customized, 3D-printed products, such as anatomical models, surgical guides, and more. However, 3D Printing and Planning Laboratory conducts research related to the creation, development and validation of these healthcare products.
Composition of the team:
- Ferran Fillat, Coordination
- Sergi Coderch, Engineer in Health Product Design
- Núria Monill, Engineer in Health Product Design
- Laia Martinez, Research Coordinator
- Virtual surgical planning
- Printing of anatomical surgical models
- Design surgical guides
- Simulation models
- Development of tailor-made healthcare products
- Training in 3D printing
Success story: The first neurosurgery intervention to be planned with 3D technology in Parc Taulí.
- Clinical validation of surgical guides and other personalized healthcare products.