- Areas of research
El 3D Lab was born in 2015 thanks to the initiative of the leader of the group, Dr. Ferran Fillat, specialist in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology. It is a multidisciplinary team of physicians and biomedical engineers. This synergy is the key factor in the success of the laboratory.
Today, the laboratory offers support services for the preoperative planning of any specialty, by creating customized and 3D printed products, such as anatomical models and surgical guides, among others. However, the 3D Laboratory carries out research related to the creation, development and validation of these health products.
- Ferran Fillat, Coordination
- Sergi Coderch, Engineer in Health Product Design
- Núria Monill, Engineer in Health Product Design
- Laia Martinez, Research Coordinator
- Virtual surgical planning
- Printing of anatomical surgical models
- Design surgical guides
- Simulation models
- Development of tailor-made healthcare products
- Training in 3D printing
Success story: first Neurosurgery intervention planned with 3D technology in Parc Taulí.
- Clinical validation of surgical guides and other personalized healthcare products.