Sabadell Gent Elder is a service center aimed at meeting the needs of the elderly. This attention is given to the facilities of the center (Residence, day center, guarded apartments), and / or to the user's own home, in the latter case through the services of Taulí Aprop.
Sabadell Gent Gran has collaborating and private places.
- Provide comprehensive, personalized and quality support and assistance to the elderly in the field of influence
- Meet your social needs in relation to the ability to help or substitute the activities of everyday life
- Integrate your preferences, whenever possible, and
Provide the necessary support to those who care for them, to facilitate greater social cohesion in society
Commitment to the environment
The Center has a solar energy installation. For its financing a subsidy of € 24.000 was received from the General Directorate of Energy and Mines of the Generalitat and another of € 16.600 contributed by the Ministry of Industry and Energy. This installation saves 70% of the cost of the Center's hot water.
In addition, as part of our commitment to the environment, we use low-energy light bulbs and presence detectors, with the aim of adjusting consumption to the needs of users. On the other hand, the garden has been designed with native plants that need little water.
Health care organization
The healthcare organization is geared to provide the support needed to provide comprehensive and personalized assistance to clients, promoting their autonomy and respecting their own decisions.
The inter-professional team forms the basis of the work dynamic, making personalized care plans that integrate the vision of the different professionals involved in the care.
The team is made up of:
Direct care professionals
- Caregivers: They are the main and permanent interlocutor of the clients. They will carry out all the activities aimed at the direct care of the users, helping them and increasing their autonomy in all the activities of daily life, while providing a comfortable environment and ensuring that they receive all the necessary care that can improve their quality of life. They will also be responsible for channeling health and social issues that clients may have to other professionals.
- Socio-cultural animation and monitors: they form the support group that plans, organizes and carries out all the necessary recreational, ludicotherapeutic, educational and cultural activities, in order to fulfill the objectives established in the personalized care plan.
- Waitresses: are the professionals who will carry out all the activities related to the hotel industry that help the client to enjoy a comfortable and secure environment.
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists
In addition to performing techniques related to their fields of knowledge, they will also carry out training activities for professionals, clients and their families. They will also promote preventive measures and health education coordinated with primary care.
Let's make history: from Nen Jesús in Sabadell Elderly
- 1952-1956: The building that will house the Children's Hostel of the Jesus Child is constructed, which was inaugurated on July 18, 1956.
- May 1962: Incorporation of the building into the Welfare Projects of the Savings Bank of Sabadell, as a Children's Clinic for the Child Jesus.
- 1987: Integration into the Parc Taulí Hospital Consortium, coinciding with its creation.
- September 26, 1995 - Neonatology is moved to the Santa Fe building.
- October 15, 1997: The transfer of the rest of Pediatrics services to the Taulí building ends.
- December 2, 1999: The Irene Rigau, Minister of Social Welfare of the Generalitat, presides over the act of presenting the Sabadell Gent Gran Center de Serveis project.
- May 2000: Works begin, with a 15 month execution period.
- May 23, 2000: Official presentation of the services of Taulí Aprop, the first services managed by Sabadell Elderly that are offered to the citizens.
October 15, 2001: The activity of the Sabadell Gent Senior Services Center begins.
Taulí of Directors of Sabadell Elderly
Maria José Torres Segura
Joan Martí López
Joaquim Vidiella Vidiella
Francesc Luque López
Antoni Llamas Losilla
Mireia Subirana Casacuberta
Laura Bayó Braut
Sabadell Elderly Clinical and Management Committee
Elisenda Carrau Vidal
Deputy Director of Sabadell Gent Gran
Cristina Casals Selva
Sara Comellas Espelt
M. Dolores Herrador Jurado
Logistics and Assistance Coordination
Sònia Mariscal Pérez
Executive Director of Sabadell Elderly and Dependency Care
Mireya Martínez Singla
Patricia Navarro Gallardo
M. Lluïsa Vallribera Sisó
Executive director of Sabadell Elderly
Sònia Mariscal Pérez