Xavier Calvet Calvo - Coordinator of the Gastroenterology Unit
The aim of the Gastroenterology Unit is to provide comprehensive care to patients with gastrointestinal pathology in the reference area of the Corporació Sanitària Parc Taulí, both those who require outpatient and hospital management, maintaining the highest quality of care and aspiring to 'excellence. Aiming that the patient is our priority and professionals our main asset.
The general guidelines of the Unit are:
- Act in the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of gastrointestinal pathology with the possibility of malignancy.
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic complications of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Promote collaboration and communication between the different levels of care (primary and hospital care area) to improve the quality of care by facilitating the sustainability and continuous improvement of the care process.
- Promote the continuous training of our professionals by attending specialty courses and congresses, as well as through regular clinical sessions within the Service.
- Strengthen teaching in the Degree of Medicine (fourth and sixth year) and postgraduate (residents of the specialty and of the medical specialties who perform their rotation in our Unit). As well as organizing and coordinating courses aimed at family doctors and hospital residents on the care of patients with gastrointestinal diseases.
- Encourage research to deepen the knowledge of gastrointestinal diseases, encouraging their spread and generating new areas of research that improve the quality of care for our patients.