Do not leave the health aspects of your trip to the last minute, as some prevention measures must be done well in advance (a minimum of 3-4 weeks before the departure date).
On the return, it should be borne in mind that some tropical diseases may manifest up to months after return. In case you notice any discomfort, you should inform your doctor of the trips made in the last year.
Depending on the type of trip it is advisable to carry one first aid kit containing:
- Care material
- Analgesics / antipyretics
- Antifungals / Antihistamines
- Anti-inflammatory drugs for topical and oral use
- Some eye drops or eye bath
- Artificial tears
- Insect and mosquito repellents (if necessary)
- Water treatment products
- Preparations for oral rehydration
- Malaria prevention medication (if needed)