Assistance to hospitalized patients
- The Unit has a daily interconsultation services for hospitalized patients.
The most common paintings that are presented are:
Thereafter, outpatient monitoring is continued at the outpatient clinic if necessary.
- Acute post-infectious glomerulonephritis
- Onset of nephrotic syndromes
- Acute pyelonephritis
- Paintings of anger secondary to severe pathology
- Together with the Pediatric ICU, patients with acute renal failure are cared for, so they have extrarenal clearance devices (Prism).
Pathologies attended to
In those detected prenatally and confirmed postnatalally, a protocolized follow-up is performed, which includes echo and cystographic controls until at least two years of age, acting according to the degree of hydronephrosis and its evolution.
Urinary tract infections
Study of urinary tract infections, usually referred from the emergency department, hospitalization or from the pediatrician. Initially ultrasound is performed and depending on the outcome and age of the patient, echocystography is performed. In cases that are considered necessary (pyelonephritis) a kidney scintigraphy will be performed.
We have a multidisciplinary unit for the study and treatment of this pathology, together with Pediatric Urology (Dr. Salvador Rigol). In this consultation, the reflux is monitored according to the protocol and the need or not for surgical treatment is indicated.
Controls of reflux nephropathy
- Semi-annually or annually, clinical control (visit, blood pressure, urine strip).
- Analytical controls of renal function and renal scintigraphy every 3-4 years.
Enuretic patients are studied from the age of six and the bladder ultrasound study, basic urine analysis and enuresis test are performed.
High blood pressure
Studies are performed to demonstrate the certainty of this pathology and then the analytical and radiological study is performed (renal ultrasound and, if necessary due to the diagnostic suspicion, an angioresonance is performed).
Study of hematuria and proteinuria
Confirmation of the processes and follow-up of the study according to the established protocols.
Controls of patients with monorrhea or renal dysplasia
Clinical controls in consultation and analysis generally annual, of its renal function.
- Well-established study and treatment protocols.
- Rigorous and frequent checks during the treatment stage and half-yearly or annual checks if they are in remission.
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Semi-annual or annual clinical and analytical controls according to the importance of the table.