The Fetal and Neonatal Surgery Unit is made up of virtually all members of the Pediatric Surgery Service team, and is headed by Dr. Bernardo Núñez.
At the same time, the Pediatric Surgery Service of the Parc Taulí Health Corporation has a Prenatal consultation, where the study and advice to the pregnant mother and the other parent is carried out, on the surgical pathology of prenatal diagnosis.
In addition, the team participates weekly in the Multidisciplinary Committee on Fetal Medicine.
Most common pathologies:
- Esophageal atresia. Tracheoesophageal fistula.
- Atrial atresia and stenosis
- Bile duct atresia and bile duct cyst
- Necrotizing enterocolitis
- Bladder extrophy
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Meconial Ili
- Anorectal malformations. Sewer and urogenital
- Intestinal malrotation
- Ophalocele and gastroschisis
- Annular pancreas