COVID-19 is not more severe in pregnant women and is not transmitted to the fetus. The general rules of containment and prevention of infection are the same as those given to the rest of the population.
Exceptional measurements in the delivery room:
Both the delivery rooms and the obstetric hospital are kept away from other areas with patients with respiratory pathology. Early discharge is expected at 12-24 hours if criteria are met. There will be a home visit by the midwife in the first 24 hours.
In the case of the parties, the access of a single relative is allowed.
General rules to follow
- Stay home and avoid contact with other people outside the home.
- Make only essential visits to health centers, and at most, come with only one companion.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- If you contact other people, keep the minimum safety distance of one meter.
- Wash your hands frequently (with soap and water or alcoholic solutions).
Care for pregnancy
Face-to-face visits, like other non-urgent health care, will be temporarily restricted but you will receive the necessary care, in the most efficient way possible.
What to do if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection?
- If you have mild respiratory symptoms (fever less than 38ºC, cough, sore throat, muscle aches…) do not come to the hospital and call us on 93 723 10 10 extension 29330/29331 / 29340. We will probably recommend that you stay at home, take your temperature regularly, make an abundant intake of fluids and take paracetamol 500 mg / 8 h.
- Ventilate the house well and try to isolate yourself from other relatives by keeping a distance of 2 meters, or put on your mask if you have to have contact with other people. Do not share cutlery, glasses, or towels. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or elbow to sneeze or cough. If you have more than one bathroom at home, use one just for you. You do not receive visits. If you have questions about these measures you can call us.
What if you also have pregnancy-related symptoms?
If, in addition to mild respiratory symptoms, you also have an emergency related to pregnancy (contractions, fluid loss, bleeding ...) go directly to the emergency room in Parc Taulí or the nearest obstetric center.
Notify on arrival at the emergency room of respiratory symptoms.
Reasons for alarm about coronavirus infection
- If the fever rises above 38 ºC, if you feel short of breath or have difficulty breathing, call Parc Taulí again on 93 723 10 10 extension 29330/29331/29340
- If the situation is very urgent, call 112 or go directly to the nearest Parc Taulí or hospital.