The European project EcoQUIP + organizes a market consultation event
- Posted in:
- Mireia Córcoles
- no comment
- EcoQUIP + is a project to replace customized joint prostheses to improve patient outcomes
El European project EcoQUIP +, which aims to find solutions that increase efficiency, quality and environmental sustainability in hospitals, is in the bidding phase.
For this reason, the Parc Taulí Research and Innovation Institute (I3PT) and the Catalan Agency for Quality and Health Assessment (AQuAS) are organizing the next Tuesday, 30 November, for an virtual market consultation event so that companies can offer their solution proposals within an innovation public procurement framework.
EcoQUIP + is based on customization in 3D of the replacement of joint prostheses so that they are made to measure for each patient. The aim of the project is to find an innovative solution for the customization of joint replacement that incorporates:
- The design and manufacture on request of custom prosthesis and specific instrumentation of the patient
- Precision preoperative measures that incorporate whole-body assessment to optimize customized biomechanical performance.
- Monitoring and traceability of the manufacturing and surgical process.
For this reason, it is expected that at the organized market consultation event, the interested companies can present innovative solutions which contribute to the improvement of these requirements:
- Provide clinical benefits, demonstrable costs and resources
- Have the potential to be applicable to other areas of elective surgery
- Comply with all necessary standards in relation to quality, approvals, ethics and data protection, interoperability, etc.
La personalized medicine it is increasingly common in clinical practice. It has been proven that it provides considerable benefits to patients and healthcare professionals, as well as greater satisfaction, and the possibility of improving the efficiency of the health system, reducing costs and avoiding postoperative complications. With this premise, the I3PT is immersed in the development of this European project together with the AQuAS and with the support of the Hospital Vall d'Hebron, the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu , the BioDonostia Health Research Institute, the Policlinico S. Orsola-Malpighi, and the Santaros Klinikos Hospital.
You will find more information about the project on the EcoQUIP + website: https://ecoquip.eu/
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
- Participants can register at the following link: https://forms.gle/NgCM3D5A8ccPybANA
They will receive the link to the event a few days before it.
For more information on the event, you can contact Anna Aguilar, head of the I3PT Project Unit, or Ion Arrizabalaga, AQuAS innovation project manager: