- Services and documentation
The I3PT Biobank was created in 2019 with the close collaboration between the Institute and various services at Parc Taulí. It is a support platform for researchers that aims to centralize the collections of biological samples used in research.
La mission of the Biobank is to develop itself as a supplier of biological material for research, both by I3PT researchers and by external researchers, with the guarantee that the biological material and the associated clinical data are of high quality, in the framework of the regulations specified in the Spanish Law of Biobanks.
- Scientific director: Eduard Monsó Molas, head of the Pulmonology Service
- Coordinator: Néstor Albiñana Giménez, coordination of Scientific Platforms and Biobank
- Quality Manager: Esperanza Mancebo Gilabert, R + D + I manager
- Tissue bank care manager: Joan Carles Ferreres Piñas, head of the Pathological Anatomy Service
- Fluid Bank Care Manager: Eugenio Berlanga Escalera, director of the Laboratory Service
- Technical staff: Maria Nieves Gómez Gerique, Inmaculada Carmona Hernández and Jose Antonio Vázquel Luque
External Scientific Committee
- Chairwoman: Mª Jesús Arranz, Head of the Mutual Research Laboratory of Terrassa.
- Secretary: Neus Baena, Researcher of the Intellectual Disability Group associated with psychiatric disorders of genetic origin and Angelman Syndrome at I3PT.
- Fina Climent, Head of Unit of the HUB-ICO-IDIBELL Biobank.
- Josep Santaló, Professor of the department. of Cell Biology at the UAB.
- Surplus diagnostic samples from the Pathological Anatomy Service of the Parc Taulí Hospital. Tumors and non-tumors, frozen and / or embedded in paraffin.
- Collection of MESOCAT Mesothelioma samples
- Collection of rheumatological disease samples
- Sample collection of lung diseases
- Collection of Endocrine Disease Samples
To request samples from the Biobank I3PT follow the following procedure:
- Contact to request availability and advice: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will need to complete the application form biological samples and mail it to you including the following documentation
- Report of the project for which the samples are requested
- Origin ethics committee report
- CV of the Principal Investigator
- Evaluation. The application will be evaluated by the External Scientific Committee, by the Ethical Committee for Clinical Research of the CSPT and by the Scientific Directorate of the Biobank.
- La resolution the applicant will be notified and the sample transfer agreement will be signed, including the commitments to be accepted by the applicant and the shipping and invoicing details.
Researchers who are required to submit biological samples for a project are encouraged to contact Biobank before submitting a public call for availability. The Biobank will issue a Sample Availability Report.