Digital Medical Imaging Laboratory
The Medical Imaging Laboratory of the I3PT is linked to the Digital Medical Imaging Center (CIMD). The mission of the Medical Imaging Laboratory is to conduct collaborative research and provide consulting services and resources to I3PT research groups as well as other institutions that require it in order to develop projects based on the use of imaging digital medicine
The CIMD is a center specialized in the development of computer applications aimed at capturing, archiving and transmitting digital images, as well as all the information generated by diagnostic services. It is integrated in the UDIAT Diagnostic Center of the Parc Taulí University Hospital.
The laboratory uses image transmission and storage software (PACS) developed at Taulí and marketed worldwide to collect and store medical images in the cloud, participating in projects such as SIMDCAT. This image repository, over 1.5 Petabytes, is accessible from any user hospital.
- Obtaining, processing and transfer of medical images through the use of the RAIM platform.
- Support in the planning, design and execution of research and innovation projects related to the use and treatment of medical imaging and/or the use of artificial intelligence (AI) technologies in the field of diagnostics for image
- Collection and analysis of digital medical images.
- Development and evaluation of AI algorithms that deal with medical imaging.
- Support in the preparation of funding applications and other documents related to research.
- Deployment of pilot experiments to obtain preliminary data, test hypotheses or problem-solving methodologies.
- Advice and support in the introduction of AI tools to the Hospital's care service.
- Image collections
- Medical objects in DICOM format
- Diagnostic reports in HTML, PDF and encrypted CDA formats
- Printable objects in STL and OBJ format
- RAIM Viewer
- RAIM Server (PACS)
- RAIM Cloud (centralized PACS)
- RAIM SDI (Radiological Information System)
- RAIM SISDI Web (RIS web)
- RAIM Services Web (Radiological and pathological medical viewer)
- RAIM Light Viewer
- Software and supporting applications: Visual Studio Code, Jupyter Notebook, Google Colab, ITK Snap, 3D Slicer, Matlab, Python (libraries), Git, GitHub.