The Parc Taulí Research and Innovation Institute (I3PT) is the result of the integration of excellence in knowledge and the innovative and improvement capacity of research groups, integrated into the lines of research and belonging to the constituent entities of the Institute: Consorci Corporació Sanitària Parc Taulí de Sabadell, Fundació Parc Taulí, UDIAT Diagnostic Center, Sabadell Senior Citizen Service Center i Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
The tradition of years of work together between the five entities, together with the sum of scientific knowledge and research capabilities of all of them, the results achieved in recent years and the uniqueness of the management of innovation in medical technologies, it is the constitution of the I3PT as the next step necessary to strengthen this joint trajectory further and provide better management tools and opportunities to continue improving and growing in R&D results.
The I3PT maintains and enhances research activity in the areas in which they are scientifically excellent, but without losing sight of everything that is transferable to the market, that is, all the potential innovations that will be treated initially as strategic until they are evaluated, regardless of the line or scientific area in which they belong. The excellence is a strategic pillar but also the sustainability. The transferable products in the market must contribute to the sustaining of the Institute's innovation model, either through value and marketing catching business. globally, or through its internal application to the own health activity of the institutions that are part of the Institute.
The research carried out at the Institute meets the criteria of quality, sustainability and excellence.
Mission, vision and values
Facilitate and promote the activity linked to research and innovation, through a sustainable model, which promotes the translation of knowledge and results generated in society by providing value to contribute to well-being.
To be a leading international institution in healthcare innovation that promotes clinical and translational research, recognized for developing a healthcare, organizational, teaching and research model of excellence focused on the patient and the effective generation of wealth.
- Patient guidance in the active search for solutions to the main health problems of society.
- Knowledge transfer towards the scientific community and the market as one of the ultimate goals of health research and innovation, pursuing the goals of excellence, value generation and economic return.
- Transparency, commitment and accountability, at a social and environmental level, as a guide for all the institution's actions.
- Collaboration, cooperation and teamwork, both internally and with other national and international entities as a tool to achieve scientific excellence.
- Research excellence and good practices, developing a scientific and management activity in line with the principles of quality and continuous improvement.
- Proximity to the territory and the citizen as a benchmark in research and innovation.
R & D & I policy
Research and innovation policy must contribute to the development of lines of research and areas of knowledge and all their projects, in which the main objective is to improve health. The basic guidelines of the I3PT R&D Policy are specified in:
- Promote and foster the culture of research and innovation among professionals and establish the activities necessary to achieve this goal annually.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and establish and maintain existing regulations; I3PT Code of Best Practices, rules on intellectual and industrial property of research results developed at I3PT, and document on best practices in the field of technology and knowledge transfer.
- Define, establish and maintain strategic alliances with universities, entities, companies and networks in favor of research development at I3PT.
- To promote the transfer of knowledge to the scientific community and the market, and to pursue the goals of excellence, value generation and economic return.
- Have a scorecard that will allow them to be properly monitored in order to achieve their goals and to permanently improve the I3PT's R&D system.
- Disseminate the R&D Policy between professionals and external agents related to this activity.
- Work on continuous improvement and put in place all the necessary mechanisms to work with optimum quality.
- Respect and take care of the environment and keep in mind the aspects related to the planning of its activities.
- Have the working procedures and structure needed to support research and innovation activities.