Head of the Teaching Unit:
Laura Mora López
Natalia Bejarano González, Anna Pallissera Lloveras, Heura Llaquet Bayo
93 745 82 89
Accredited places: 2 per year
MEF Program Summary
General and Digestive Surgery is the specialty of Medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the digestive tract (esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum, anus, liver, gallbladder and pancreas), associated glandular organs (head, neck and breast), retroperitoneum, abdominal wall, skin and soft tissue.
On the other hand, it also deals with the initial approach and resolution, up to a certain level of complexity, of urgent surgical pathology that belongs to other surgical specialties (vascular surgery, thoracic surgery, urology, maxillofacial surgery, neurosurgery , plastic and pediatric surgery), a fact that gives this specialty a broad training base, both for assistance and for research and teaching.
The training itinerary of the resident aims to train specialist doctors in the different areas described above, in line with the Spanish Surgical Association (AEC). This makes it possible to obtain the certificate of excellence from the AEC once the training stage has been completed. This itinerary is summarized in the schedule of rotations and can be modified according to needs. All the care and curricular activity of the resident is recorded in the Resident's Computer Book (LIR), currently proposed by the AEC to unify the collection of data at state level, and of which we are the creators.
The General Surgery and Digestive System Service of the Parc Taulí Sanitària Consortium in Sabadell (Barcelona) is made up of 7 functional units
- Primary Care
- Endocrine Surgery - Head and Neck
- Breast surgery
- Esophagogastric surgery
- Hepatobiliopancreatic surgery
- Acutely ill (emergency)
- Abdominal Wall Surgery
The relationship with other specialties is fundamental in a model of patient-centered medicine and is therefore carried out in a multidisciplinary and transversal way through the tumor committees divided by areas of knowledge.
We attend to patients in different healthcare areas:
- Urgent continuing care (guards). It is carried out both in the emergency area and in the hospitalization floors by 2 assistants and 2 residents / day. About 35 daily visits are attended to (12.700 annual visits) and about 3 urgent interventions are carried out daily. An emergency operating theater is available to carry out these interventions.
- Scheduled hospital care. The surgical sessions are carried out in the Central Surgical Block, where we have 16 operating theaters per week, and in the Outpatient Surgical Center with 8 operating theaters per week. In total, around 3.500 surgical interventions are performed annually. We have 35 beds in the hospitalization area, which represent around 2.700 annual hospital discharges. Visits to external consultations represent around 3.500 per year.
- Scheduled outpatient care. It takes place at CUAP San Fèlix (Sabadell) and at CUAP Cerdanyola-Ripollet II (Cerdanyola). Around 150 face-to-face visits, 130 virtual visits and 35 minor surgeries are carried out in these clinics a week.
The service is made up of 32 surgeons d'staff, and 10 doctors in training (MEF).