Head of the Teaching Unit:
Diego J Palao Vidal
Anna I. Cebrià Meca, Joaquim Puntí Vidal
93 745 83 76
Accredited places: 2 per year
MEF Program Summary
Clinical Psychology is responsible for research, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of issues affecting mental health. It is a branch of psychology that attends to conditions that can generate discomfort or suffering in people.
The Parc Taulí Mental Health Center (CSM-PT) is part of the Parc Taulí de Sabadell Health Corporation Consortium (CCSPT) with a considerable degree of decentralized management through an executive management. Its operation is in line with the guidelines of the Mental Health and Addictions Master Plan of the Department of Health of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
We work in three priority lines of research: 1) Psychiatric epidemiology and risk factors (Mental Health Observatory of Catalonia); 2) Schizophrenia; 3) Gender differences in affective disorders. In recent years, priority has been given to innovation projects in which the adaptation of ICTs to the field of mental health is a central element.
The CSM-PT has specialized public assistance services in a general hospital setting in the town of Vallès Occidental Est with 425.000 inhabitants.
The Parc Taulí Clinical Psychology Service is structured in:
- Adult Mental Health:
- Adult outpatient care (CSMA I and II)
- Antaviana Community Rehabilitation Service
- Methadone Dispensing Program
- Acute hospitalization (32 beds)
- Subacute hospitalization (6 beds)
- Adult Day Hospital (20 places)
- Detox Hospital Unit (6 beds)
- Child and Youth Mental Health:
- Outpatient care for children and young people (CSMIJ I and II)
- Adolescent Day Hospital (20 places)
- Acute hospitalization for children and young people (4 beds)