Head of the Teaching Unit:
Diego J. Palao Vidal
Juan David Barbero Valverde, Sara Crivillés Mas
93 745 83 76
Accredited places: 2 per year
MEF Program Summary
- Psychiatry training itinerary [Catalan] [Spanish]
- Psychiatry rotation schedule
Psychiatry is a medical specialty that occupies a crossroads between biological and human disciplines. Their actions should not be limited to the medical-clinical field but should be aimed at aspects such as prevention, rehabilitation and reintegration of the patient into their psychosocial environment. This means that this discipline includes a wide range of interventions ranging from psychotherapies to psychopharmacology or other biological therapies (e.g. TEC) based on the best available scientific evidence. We participate in a model of community psychiatry that aims to promote the autonomy and integration of people in their environment, encouraging their participation and that of their relatives in treatments.
Mental Health and Addictions Parc Taulí is part of the Consorci Corporació Sanitària Parc Taulí de Sabadell (CCSPT) with a considerable degree of decentralized management through an executive management. Its operation is aligned with the guidelines of the Master Plan for Mental Health and Addictions of the Department of Health of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
We work in three priority lines of research: 1) Psychiatric epidemiology and risk factors (Mental Health Observatory of Catalonia); 2) Schizophrenia; 3) Gender differences in affective disorders. In recent years, priority has been given to innovation projects in which the adaptation of ICTs to the field of mental health is a central element.
Specialized public assistance services are available in a general hospital environment in the population of Vallès Occidental Est with 425.000 inhabitants.
The Psychiatry Service of Parc Taulí is structured in:
- Adult Mental Health:
- Adult outpatient care (CSMA I and II)
- Antaviana Community Rehabilitation Service
- Methadone Dispensing Program
- Acute hospitalization (32 beds)
- Subacute hospitalization (6 beds)
- Adult Day Hospital (20 places)
- Detox Hospital Unit (6 beds)
- Child and Youth Mental Health:
- Outpatient care for children and young people (CSMIJ I and II)
- Adolescent Day Hospital (20 places)
- Acute hospitalization for children and young people (4 beds)