Parc Taulí is a member of the Healthy Business Network'European Network for Workplace Health Promotion (ENWHP) since 2013. Since February 2017 it is also part of the Catalan Network of Hospitals Health Promoters I la International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals.
What does it mean to be a health-promoting center?
Being a health promoter means that, in addition to your own health activities:
- It is actively involved in improving the health of its population and its professionals.
- Health awareness is promoted among patients and family, staff and the community.
- Communication between health professionals and patients is improved, achieving a healthier healthcare environment.
- It contributes to the empowerment of patients, personal family and community to take care of their own health.
- A policy of improving the health and well-being of professionals is maintained.
- Apart from directly improving the quality of life of the professionals, this improves the quality of the service we provide to our citizens.
- Actions, interventions, methods and recommendations aimed at preventing the most prevalent diseases are carried out.
- Tasks of education of the population in relation to the health are developed, with the purpose of to obtain that the population acquires the knowledge and the abilities that allow them to improve their health.