Early diagnosis and treatment of vascular access pathology requires a multidisciplinary approach by nephrologists, vascular surgeons, radiologists and nurses to optimize resources. Both theoretical and practical knowledge are required to carry out the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in this field.
The course is aimed at nephrologists, vascular surgeons, radiologists and specialists-in-training who have limited or no experience in vascular access management or those wishing to refresh or improve their knowledge. It will help professionals bring this knowledge up to date and improve their skills.
It gives an opportunity to become acquainted with the most common techniques and devices used in 4 different areas:
- Hemodialysis catheter placement
- Ultrasound mapping and arteriovenous fistula examination
- Endovascular procedures
- Vascular access surgery
- To understand the principles of different procedures
- To acquire a standardized technique in a step-by step fashion
- To become familiar with devices and their use
- To discuss technical problems with experts
- To learn technical tips and tricks
- To understand how to avoid or minimize the most commonly encountered complications
Maximum number of attendees: 24.
Faculty: Interventional nephrologists, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists.
Has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide 15 European CME credits (ECMEC).
It has applied for Consell Català de Formació Continuada de les Professions Sanitàries - Comisión de Formación Continuada del Sistema Nacional de Salud. Pending